Saturday, April 20, 2013

Welcome Baby Flis!



There's no mistaking the face of a proud Grandmother holding her first ever Grandchild, a Grandaughter.
 Felicity Jane McCormack was born on 10th. December 1977, the day after her Grandad's 54th. Birthday.  I think this picture may have been taken in Rob's and Sue's cottage?..or is it The Ginnel?  Can anyone recognise that wallpaper?  Obviously it's Christmas time, the giveaway not only being Flis's young age of only a couple of weeks, - but the festive tinsel adorning the wall behind everyone!
There's Mum holding Flis, me next to Keith in his pale blue denim shirt (still recognisable despite a b&w photo!), Sue as a proud first-time-Mum, standing next to Dad with his hand on Rob's shoulder, the proud new Dad!  And those of you wondering where was Dave and why wasn't he in this family photo  -   was this the beginning of what was to become his dream profession, photography.... he was behind the camera!!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I’m behind the camera! I would have been fifteen then and just getting really into photography at school. Dad bought me my first camera and darkroom gear from Fairs camera up at Dacre Hill (they’re still there!) and I may have printed that picture in my darkroom/bedroom at the Ginnel. I’ve got a really nice picture of Mum & Keith taken that same day, it’s in colour and yes that shirt of Keith’s is blue denim! I still have some myself and I only started wearing them because our Keith did!

    Talking of the Fairs brothers, who owned the camera shop, I heard a story, I think form Margie, about the brothers being in the nursing home opposite The Ginnel? They were/are great characters she was saying... does Margie still work there?

    And, yes that photo was taken at Rob & Sue’s cottage and if I remember right, Flis was born in the cottage, a home birth, so you could say Mum & Flis were both born in the Nilgiris!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interestingly, I was saying in another post, about being born at Clatterbridge Bebington, but always saying that I was born in Port Sunlight. Clatterbridge Hospital is less than three miles from The Ginnel, Mum was born in Kolar Gold Fields which is over two hundred miles from the Nilgiris!

      Delete

Comments are welcome from everyone who visits this blog, from family & friends and anyone who is interested in Port Sunlight or India or just enjoys looking at old photographs!

To leave a comment just type what you want in the comments box. When you have finished, you will need to select a profile before you can submit your comment. If you are signed up with Google, or any of the other accounts listed, then select your account and sign in and you can then submit your comment.

Alternatively, you can select Name/URL and type your name and if you want you can also add your website address if you have one. You can also comment anonymously if you want?! Just select Anonymous from the list.

When you have selected your profile, you can then click Publish. If you are not a contributor to this blog, then all comments are moderated first, before they are published.

Thanks.
David.