Friday, April 5, 2013

He ain't heavy.

Me & my brother Rob!

Written in pencil on the back of this photo is the date 19th March 1963. That means I am one year, one month and one day old! I look big for a one year old baby?! Me and my Grandad (Mum’s Dad) met for the first time, in India, when I was 5 years old. So in 1963, he would only have ever seen photos of me that Mum would have sent over to India, and perhaps he had seen this one of Rob & me, as he used to call me ‘Big David’!

I was also born on a Sunday, like Mum & Dad! There are a lot of birthdays in February in my family. We used to all get together, usually on The Wirral somewhere, and celebrate with a cake big enough to take all our names and the candles!

Rob & Dave.

Big David.

Card from Grandad.

3 comments:

  1. I remember that harness well! It was pale blue leather with a flock lining and tatty reins! I think your leggings were called 'rompers' then. I never knew that Grandad referred to me as Annie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I said to Sarah I thought it was blue leather! Yes, I thought it was only Brian that called you Annie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. funny thing time i remember that photo we didn,t take too many photos in those days i,m sure i was wearing my slippers!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome from everyone who visits this blog, from family & friends and anyone who is interested in Port Sunlight or India or just enjoys looking at old photographs!

To leave a comment just type what you want in the comments box. When you have finished, you will need to select a profile before you can submit your comment. If you are signed up with Google, or any of the other accounts listed, then select your account and sign in and you can then submit your comment.

Alternatively, you can select Name/URL and type your name and if you want you can also add your website address if you have one. You can also comment anonymously if you want?! Just select Anonymous from the list.

When you have selected your profile, you can then click Publish. If you are not a contributor to this blog, then all comments are moderated first, before they are published.

Thanks.
David.