Thursday, May 9, 2013

Grandad, Keith, Mum and Rob.


Apart from commenting on the beautiful/handsome side of our family, I'm a little limited on giving any details on this photo.  I imagine the year to be 1953/4 and of course it was taken when Mum took Keith and Rob to meet their Grandparents in Coonoor, Sth.India.   I'm not even too sure how long Mum and the boys stayed out there.  I do know they travelled by liner and it took 2 weeks travelling to arrive.   My only memory connected to this...is the colour of Mum's dress as I remember playing dressing-up in it when I was little, it was turquoise blue!
I think Keith and/or Rob - (possibly, as very young here) will be more likely to comment on this one!

4 comments:

  1. “Apart from commenting on the beautiful/handsome side of our family”

    Are you implying that Mum, Keith & Rob are on the handsome side of the family and that me, you & Dad are on the ugly side!!! Speak for yourself sister!!!!!! :-))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooops!!..doesn't read right does it!! No longer sure what I meant!! I think l should keep to blogging earlier in the day when I'm more awake - so I'm of to bed now to catch up on my 'BEAUTY' sleep!!;)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. just got back from a weekend at Havens in Maplethorpe with the 2 kids ..fun but tiring!..guess our Keith would know the most he would be about 6/7..i was only 2/3..and some of my memories were probably just what i remember from mums stories..ie Paul the servant..i made grandad crash his car i believe by grabbing the steering wheel..also a big spider went down my tee shirt..but can,t remember the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw lovely, glad you enjoyed the weekend Rob!
    I thought you may not be able to remember anything because of being so young, but at least Mum's stories adds something. That spider must have been really quite big being a native of India.....eeeew I shudder at the thought of it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome from everyone who visits this blog, from family & friends and anyone who is interested in Port Sunlight or India or just enjoys looking at old photographs!

To leave a comment just type what you want in the comments box. When you have finished, you will need to select a profile before you can submit your comment. If you are signed up with Google, or any of the other accounts listed, then select your account and sign in and you can then submit your comment.

Alternatively, you can select Name/URL and type your name and if you want you can also add your website address if you have one. You can also comment anonymously if you want?! Just select Anonymous from the list.

When you have selected your profile, you can then click Publish. If you are not a contributor to this blog, then all comments are moderated first, before they are published.

Thanks.
David.