Sunday, June 2, 2013

Me (Anne) outside The Ginnel.

Anne outside The Ginnel

I remember that 'costume' well, but just not the day. It was bottle green with an orange and cream trim, and I was obviously at that age of being allowed to wear tights! (no more cold socks for me!)
My hairband was pale blue (I took after Mum for not matching colours - sorry Mum!), and I was obviously fond of pixie boots at that time! Do I really have long arms? That costume was probably made for me at Nancy Huff's (?) seamstress and clothes shop up in The Wiend. Each Birthday and Christmas Dad would take me and respectively Mum, to choose a dress or coat or whatever, and it would be made for us! I remember one year watching a film starring Tony Curtis and Audrey Hepburn in which she wore a beautiful elegant white coat....and yes, you've guessed it, I got to wear my very own handmade version and imagine I too was a Hollywood star! Thank you Dad.
In this photo's background is the Bridge Inn, Port Sunlight's village pub/hotel.
Also behind me to my left - is that Billy Ebbrell's car? I think it was a Ford Cortina, Mark 1?

4 comments:

  1. That looks like your Sunday outfit..i remember that name Nancy Huff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, it was Sunday best! I'm pretty sure that her name was Huff, as I know there was also another Nancy but can't remember who or where from.
    Dad even had a nightie made for Mum...a dusky blue with ra-ra (?) pleats down it - it was in the airing cupboard for years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How old are you there Anne.It must be around the same year you came to india with David and Aunty Nancy.Because thats how i remember you most.
    Cousin Judy Hopping(Norton)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Judy, good to hear from you. Anne forwarded your email to me. Hope we can keep in touch via this blog.... thanks for posting a comment. Anne & me came over to India with Mum in February 1967 so Anne would have been 11 and I was 4 and I had my 5th birthday there. I think this photo could be the following year or the next?

    How are you?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome from everyone who visits this blog, from family & friends and anyone who is interested in Port Sunlight or India or just enjoys looking at old photographs!

To leave a comment just type what you want in the comments box. When you have finished, you will need to select a profile before you can submit your comment. If you are signed up with Google, or any of the other accounts listed, then select your account and sign in and you can then submit your comment.

Alternatively, you can select Name/URL and type your name and if you want you can also add your website address if you have one. You can also comment anonymously if you want?! Just select Anonymous from the list.

When you have selected your profile, you can then click Publish. If you are not a contributor to this blog, then all comments are moderated first, before they are published.

Thanks.
David.